Commercial Real Estate
Stone & Baxter has a strong commercial real estate transactional practice. Our real estate attorneys can handle all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, construction, sale and leasebacks, leases, and workout and bankruptcies. We have represented clients with virtually every type of real estate, including office, apartments, retail, industrial, condominiums, and hotels. Our commercial real estate attorneys understand the need to negotiate and document transactions quickly and we work hard to minimize our client’s legal and business risks.
Over the last three years Stone & Baxter, LLP has closed commercial acquisitions, or refinanced existing businesses, for clients requiring approximately $100 million in lender financing.
Such businesses include convenience stores, restaurant franchises, manufacturer of recreational vehicles, janitorial services provider, golf courses, pet food manufacturing, apartment complexes, and building products/lumber businesses.
Our typical transactions include:
- Acquisition and Dispositions. We represent clients acquiring or disposing of apartment complexes, residential multifamily complexes, shopping centers, warehouses and distribution facilities, industrial parks, single family residential subdivision, and other commercial real estate assets.
- Real Estate Finance. We have represented both financial institutions and borrowers in real estate collateralized loans and have substantial experience in helping clients understand available financial products and decide the financing method that best suits their business needs.
- Real Estate Leasing. Stone & Baxter’s real estate attorneys help landlords and tenants in a variety of leasing transactions, including build-to-suit leases, turnkey leases, subleases, office leases, retail leases, warehouse and industrial leases and manufacturing facility leases. As our knowledgeable clients understand, a well-negotiated and drafted lease will prevent misunderstanding and will often save the time and money that would otherwise be spent dealing with a mix-up.
- Land Use and Zoning. We help property owners and developers obtain necessary planning and zoning approvals and permits, including representing clients in appeals before municipal zoning hearing boards and trial appellate courts.
- Workouts and Bankruptcy Transactions. When it is necessary for a business in financial difficulties or debtor in bankruptcy to dispose of real estate, Stone & Baxter has the knowledge to handle the transaction, whether it is a transaction outside of bankruptcy, a § 363 sale, or sale free and clear of liens under § 363(f) of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represent the owner and operator of fourteen apartment complexes throughout Georgia, Florida, and Alabama and conduct the transaction work necessary in the acquisition and disposition of these assets.