Stone & Baxter represents a variety of businesses in their general and day-to-day business law matters. We offer businesses comprehensive legal and transaction counsel throughout the business cycle, from inception to wind-down, with an emphasis being responsive, practical, and cost-effective.
For small to mid-sized businesses, especially, Stone & Baxter assists clients with all business law matters that warrant the advice of counsel, including their business contracts, lending transactions, purchase and sale transactions, employment matters, compliance issues, tax obligations, and intellectual property. Understanding a client’s business is our first priority; identifying how the law impacts that business is a close, second priority.
We have substantial experience with these common agreements:
- Organizational documents
- Asset and stock purchase agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- All categories of lending documents
- Real estate documents of all types
- Real and personal property leases
- Goods and services contracts
- Employment agreements
- Consulting agreements
- Management agreements
- Non-compete agreements
- Non-solicitation agreements
- Franchise agreements
- License agreements
- Royalty agreements
- All related corporate governance documents
We also advise our business clients on legal “best practices,” with an emphasis on financial and accounting controls; corporate governance and business judgment; maintenance and retention of books and records (including corporate minute books); employment practices and benefits (including ADA, FMLA, and COBRA compliance); and local, state, and federal regulatory compliance (including tax requirements).
Each of these best practices aims to reduce litigation risk and maximize corporate opportunities while minimizing costs.
Our business law clients routinely seek our counsel on the multitude of issues that can arise as a part of the employer-employee relationship, including hiring, termination, training, compensation, benefit, workplace injury, internal grievance, and whistle-blower issues. They not only seek that advice as issues arise, but they also engage us to draft or review personnel policies, employee handbooks, employment forms, and the like.
Representative General Representation Clients
- A fast-food restaurant franchisee with seven locations in the Macon area.
- The owner and operator of 14 residential apartment complexes in Georgia, Florida, and Alabama.
- One of the largest manufacturers of high-quality battery cables, wire harnesses, and custom assemblies in the Southeast.
- One of the largest wholesalers of premium pet foods in the Southeast.
- A commercial chemicals manufacturer.
- Several motor fuel jobbers and dealers with territories throughout Georgia.
- Manufacturer of BBQ and other sauces.
- Manufacturer and nationwide distributor of antique motor vehicle parts.