Planning your estate and preserving assets for future generations are critical components of preserving one’s legacy.
At Stone & Baxter, our attorneys understand the importance of preserving wealth for the future and recognize that each individual’s priorities in that regard are as varied as their individual circumstances.
In counseling our clients in this area, we evaluate each client’s financial and personal attributes to develop an individually-tailored estate plan that best positions the client to meet his or her individual, family, and/or business objectives.
Our estate planning solutions range from basic wills, powers of attorney, and medical directives to more complex solutions, such as limited liability family partnerships, spendthrift trusts, and other custom asset protection strategies required by a client’s circumstances.
Stone & Baxter has substantial experience setting-up and administering trusts, and currently represents several public and private charitable trusts.
We commonly utilize many of the following estate planning tools:
- Irrevocable and revocable trusts
- Insurance trusts
- Family partnerships
- Limited liability companies and partnerships
- Powers of attorney
- Buy-Sell agreements
- Business succession planning
- Business structure and operating agreements
- Estate and gift taxation strategies
- Estate planning administration
- Wealth preservation and asset protection strategies
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Sales and purchases of businesses