General Business Law Representation
The attorneys at Stone & Baxter represent a variety of businesses in their general business law matters and have the expertise to provide comprehensive legal representation in an effective, efficient manner. Our clients look to us to handle their matters ranging from leases to lending and intellectual property issues to corporate documentation.
For many small to mid-sized businesses, Stone & Baxter’s attorneys effectively serve as outside general counsel by assisting these companies with their legal needs, including business law contract issues, lending transactions, purchase and sale transactions, employment matters, or intellectual property matters. For these companies, it is more economical to hire an attorney who already is familiar with the business and is able to immediately represent the company as matters arise. When our clients pair Stone & Baxter’s on-going knowledge of their business and the business law competence of Stone & Baxter’s attorneys, the decision to hire Stone & Baxter becomes easy.
We negotiate and draft a wide range of business law agreements related to the daily business of our clients. These often include leases for real estate or equipment, contracts for goods and services, employment agreements, consulting and severance agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, covenants not to compete, and licensing agreements.
The attorneys at Stone & Baxter assist our clients with their corporate needs, such as drafting compensation agreements for partners, shareholders, members, directors, officers, or key managements, and advise our clients on and draft corporate notices, minutes, and resolutions. While sometimes tedious or easily forgotten, our clients find that these corporate records and contracts are often essential when defending against a disgruntled shareholder, a terminated employee, or in cashing out and selling the company.
Our clients utilize our attorneys’ advice for all manner of employment issues. These issues span the full range of the employer-employee relationship and including hiring, termination, training, internal complaints, responding to whistle-blowers and litigation. This also includes issues such as compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and continuation of health benefits (COBRA). We also draft or review our clients’ personnel policies, employee handbooks and employment applications to ensure full compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Represent franchise of a national fast-food restaurant chain with seven locations in the Macon area.
- Represent owner and operator of 14 residential apartment complexes in Georgia, Florida, and Alabama.
- Represent one of the largest manufacturers of high-quality battery cables, wire harnesses and custom assembly in the Southeast.
- Represent one of the largest wholesalers of pet foods in the Southeast.
- Represents manufacturer of commercial chemicals.
- Represent several motor fuel jobbers and dealers with territories throughout Georgia.
- Represent manufacturer of barbeque and other sauces.
- Represent manufacturer and nationwide distributor of antique motor vehicle parties.